QHRAI Benevolence Health Program for 2016
1. Must be licensed by the IHRC for involvement
in Quarter Horse Racing in Indiana.
2. Breeders, Stallion Owners and other horsemen
that are directly involved with
Quarter Horse Racing, but not required to receive an IHRC license
with approval by QHRAI Board of Directors.
3. To be eligible, horsemen must have conducted
no less than 50% of their Quarter
Horse Racing Business in Indiana, either in the current or past
year. Example- Trainer,
Owner, Jockey must have at least half of their official starts
in Indiana; Breeders, Sire
Owners must have had at least half of their raced
foals race in Indiana.
4. Eligibility of horsemen not covered above
can be approved by the QHRAI Board of Directors.
5. Only dependents in the immediate family
and same household of an eligible
beneficiary are eligible for consideration for benefits.
6. To be eligible you must have participated
in Quarter Horse racing in Indiana in the
current or immediate past year. Exceptions may be considered
if approved by
the QHRAI Board of Directors.
1. Except in emergency situations approved
by the QHRAI Board of Directors, the
total payment on ALL applications for aid shall NOT exceed the
individual limits set forth below.
2. The QHRAI may increase these limits in
emergency situations, and after
QHRAI Board approval.
3. These limits are subject to review at least
semi-annually by the QHRAI Board of Directors.
4. These limits will be subject to change
if substantial legislative changes occur,
an unanticipated number of claims are submitted or any other
of the QHRAIs control that would prohibit our ability
to fund this program at the levels below.
Annual limits for the calendar year 2016
1. Individual Maximum - $1,500.00
2. Family Maximum - $2,500
1. Each application for $500.00 or less
Pay Full Amount
2. Each application for more than $500.00
Pay first $500 Plus 25% of remainder
of claim. Rounded up to the nearest dollar, not to exceed maximum
3. Individual application for Eye Glasses
Not to exceed $500.00
4. Individual application for Dental - Not
to exceed $1000.00
a. NOTE Dental and Optical do apply
to maximum annual limits.
Claim Applications to
QHRAI Benevolence Administrator
P O Box 399
Shelbyville, IN 46176
** Or submit at a QHRAI Board of Directors